Are you consuming these popular energy sapping foods?
As a busy Dad, energy levels staying high is an essential component of success, how else are you supposed to go to work, spend time with the kids and keep the wife happy?
You may not realise this, but the very food you are eating could be dragging you down, even foods deemed healthy by expert fitness professionals. You see, the cards are stacked against you because of the food industry promoting ‘healthy’ products, but we have your back.
Stop eating these popular, energy sapping, weight gaining foods
- Bread and bagels quickly break down into sugar, meaning that your insulin levels increase rapidly, leading to a hypo-glycemic blood sugar level, leaving you feeling tired and fatter than before you ate it.
- Diet fizzy drinks contain a lot of sugar which poses the same problem above, the diet version is seriously bad for you due to sweeteners which can damage your DNA, increase your chances of a brain tumour and even emotional disorders.
- Orange juice is very misleading, you see eating an actual orange contains a fraction of the sugar plus the fiber, antioxidants and health promoting chemicals found within whole fruit, not the juice.
- Cereal is almost always high in high fructose corn syrup, sugar and genetically modified corn, in fact cereal isn’t recommended by us at all if you are looking to keep a proportionate mid-section and be healthy.
- Fruit Smoothies are almost always high in sugar, it is often promoted as a great way to get in your 5 per day, however, we recommend focusing more on vegetables and nuts to promote well being, energy and balance in your nutrition.
Want to get some help with your nutrition, training and mindset? Join the free Facebook community and get your questions answered! Click here to join 🙂